Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last Tuesday when I went to school at the church, I gave the students that I work with every week(one day) a little gift. I did not want Kaitlynn and Allison to feel left out while the others opened theirs so I got them something. Before I went to school I was concern as to whether they would like what I got them. I gave Allison her gift and told her the other one was for her sister. Oh my word was that little 2 year old excited. I heard her scream at her sister,"We got presents for our birthday from Bera." She had just had a birthday not too long before that and that is where she got that it was a birthday gift instead of a Christmas. Needless to say she melted my heart at that moment and that brought tears to my eyes.
I have thought so many times since then of how much we should be excited about what God gave us most of all His son born in a manger and then to die on the cross for our sins. I do not want to be so hum drum about this one bit.

I am so excited that I along with Dick are planning on going to Florida in Feb for the 50th anniversary of Hobe Sound. I have already started getting a few things together and have made a list of things to take. I am hopeing that we can get a place where I can cook some to save on expenses and the fact that I am a border line diabetic and should watch what I eat. To renew friendships of the past and also on facebook is excitement in itself.

We did something different this year for Christmas dinner. We ordered our dinner from Bob Evans. They had advertised about it before Thanksgiving. We got turkey breast, mash potatoes, gravy, dressing, green beans, corn, hot rolls, pumpkin pie and pumpkin nut bread. We will be eating left overs for a few days. What I have left over from that I will freeze and have at a later date. Martha said it was the best meal that I have ever slaved over in the kitchen. LOL I think that she was making fun of me for some reason. That is okay.

Matthew comes to our house for Christmas on Sunday afternoon. He will be staying for a few days. He got mostly Thomas the train things. This will keep him entertained for awhile. I got him some shirts with trains on them as well.

I am sure that each and every one of us needs to be reminded from time to time the reason for this season. I want to keep that the year round.

Have a good year.

1 comment:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Merry Christmas to you, Bera! I'm so glad you posted...now I don't have to kick you out! :) We are having a blast at the Yount reunion in Cincy. Take care...hope to see you Sunday!