Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update from Matthew's Nana

Greetings to one and all.
I am going to try this once again and see if I can keep from deleating it this time.

I no longer watch Van. I was putting in around 96 hours of babysitting a week and something had to give. The only free time that I had was when I was asleep. A lot of times I was not getting to sleep till 1230 or later and then having to get up around 6 or a little after. This ole' woman has to have a little more sleep. It is nice that I can still have the girls in the morning and then have my evenings to myself. I am feeling lots better.

This past weekend my spiritual Dad Hovis, his son and 2 grandsons came for a weekend visit. They came for my birthday which was the 4th. I am sweet 16 and holding. LOL. Dad Hovis's mind is really slipping fast and it is sad to see him the shape that he is in today even to compare when the last time that I saw him in October. His attention span is very short and cannot remember anything. When we saw him in October he had his great sense of humor and was really teasing a lot but this time it was not that way. Davey(his son) has his hands full of taking care of him plus trying to work on the side. I am going to go out this summer and do some canning for him and that will help out plus give him a break as well.

Martha fixed dinner Sunday while we were at church and boy did it ever taste GOOD. She fixed beef n noodles, mash potatoes, green beans, broccoli slaw, jello salad, hot rolls and dessert. The rolls are from a mix that I get at Wal Mart that taste like the ones that you get at Reb Lobster. They are Pillsbury brand and are only 97 cents. The receipe calls for water but I use milk instead. They taste better as far as I am concern. They are called cheese and garlic flavor.

We are to get Matthew tomorrow night. I can hardly wait. He is so entertaining at times. It sure does not seem possible that he turned 5 on the 2nd.

Last Sunday, a gal from our church gave a presentation about her going to Guatemalea( I hope that is spelled right) and at the end told how many shares that she needed to go and etc. Anyway they started to take up an offering and it was pointed out to me by the good Lord that I had 20 dollars in my billfold. I said that it was yours God. I did not think any more about it and that afternoon someone gave me 20 dollars. You cannot out give God and I say Thank you God for your goodness to me. Even if I had not gotten that money in the afternoon it was still a blessing to give.

Take care and have a good day.

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my young girl's purity post! It was nice hearing from you.

May God bless you and give you a good day. =)