Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Greetings One and All

I never thought that I would be babysitting again but here I am and not minding it too much. Just ask me by the end of summer break and then I will let you know. The girls get out the 22nd and Van gets out around the 5th or 6th of June. At least I will not have them all the same time.

Tonight Van came in and ate his supper and went over the to recliner and fell asleep and slept for 3 hours. He was really sawing logs. I had speghetti, green beans, garlic and cheese bread and jello with fruit. Van ate a good plate of spaghetti and a can of root bear. He must have been very tired.

Last night I went to the girls spring musical. Oh dear the bleachers and I are not on the best of terms. And those stairs that are along the bleachers are the pits.

Well, do you know what happen to me this week? I got a call about rest home insurance. I accused my preacher of doing it and of course he thought that it was funny to say the least. Then I called a friend of ours in Indiana and ask if he did it and of course he said that he didn't. I get the hint loud and clear but I will get even if I ever find out who did this. Of course, it might be pay back to me too.

We have been cleaning the church and class rooms the last two weeks. I have enjoyed it. I feel that I am doing a little for God. When I was cleaning the class rooms I was praying for the teachers that they will reach those little ones.

Last week I had a definite answer to prayer. As most of you know I lost my job, insurance, benefits and the whole nine yards last year. Well, I heard about this free clinic down in Sidney for low income and no insurance. I had gone a little over a month ago and then had to go back on the 29th of April. The doctor came in and was talking a little about my medicine that I take and said that I should get most of it for 4 dollars each and the rest they would get help through the drug companies. After the doctor left to check on something I said, Oh God I wish that I could talk to him tonight. He came back in and made a comment about God supply the needs of this clinic. He gives one night a week there. Any way, I proceeded to tell him how good God had been to me the last year that I was off of work. I started crying as I was telling him that when I did not have 2 dimes to rub together to pay my bills that God would be there when I needed Him the most. Here he went to Oral Roberts medical school. He said that God told him to be a doctor and that he liked it to be able to work in the clinic so that he can talk about God.

God is so good to me far more than I deserve. Through this doctor and getting the generic at Wal Marts for 4 dollars. If I had to pay for it I would have had to pay over 400 dollars and through them I only pay 24 dollars a month. And the ones that I can not get through generic the drug companys are giving them to me. PRAISE THE LORD. He is so good to me.

Well, I think that my boy, Van has gone back to sleep so I had better get off of here and go check on him.

Remember friends, there is nothing impossible with God if we let him have control of our lives. As I told the doctor that we as people have quit depending upon God as much as we should and our children are getting away from seeing that.

3 comments:

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

It's great to hear how God is blessing and helping! Funny how He so often allows us to be needy enough to keep us reliant on Him.

Good to see the update on you all, too! I need to add a link to your blog on our page.

Daniel -N- Tiffany Melton said...

Hi Verla,
We (the Melton's) will be at Tiff's parents most of the month of June. We have a service at Zansville the first part of the month (pastor Newman). Good to hear from you. Daniel

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey! Thanks for all of your help at PHC this past month! It was great to see your smiling face here and there during the school day! Wow - that is amazing about your doctor! Sometimes it feels like those in the medical profession are "out-of-touch" with our needs...both financial and emotional. I received a bill from the peds doc the other day...$450 for three sick visits...one a piece for Ryan, Evan, and Allison. In total we received probably 15 minutes of the doctors attention, in addition to the time it took to write a prescription for each of them...unbelievable. We are benefitting from those $4 WalMart meds some, as well. The small things are a blessing! See ya soon...