Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Friends

Where would we be without friends? Most of all God as a very special friend whether we are glad or sad, good or bad. He is there for us.

I have one cousin that I am very close to, we are 2 years apart and we are more like sisters than cousins. We talk almost every day. Thanks goodness for unlimited time on Sprint. We have called regardless of what it may be to tell the other one. I also have a cousin that lives in California that is a lot older than I that I check in with about once a month and catch up with what is going on with the family.

Sunday, the 12 year old that I looked after decided to take a bike ride down to another street. Now mind you he had not ask permission to leave the trailer court like he is suppose to. I hunted at the park, Richard went to the store and looked around, one of his buddies that lives here in the trailer court and no Van. I was getting a little concern as we do have sexual pretators living about 2 streets in front of us. Well, I thought of some place else that he might have gone and in the mean time I see another kid that he has played with and I stopped and ask him if he had seen Van. He said that he had just left. By the time I got back to our place here he was and claiming that he was playing his video game. I told him what I knew and that he was to stay here with us. I contacted the grandfather and he also ask that he stay here till he got off work which was at 1130. He has been grounded from everything except sleeping, eating and watching TV according to his grandfather. This is suppose to go on for 2 weeks. If this does not do the job then the grandfather claims to be looking for a full time babysitter. And let me tell you Van is not looking forward to that to say the least.

The other two that I look after does not come till about 20 minutes till 7 now instead of 20 till 5 as the factory that Matt works for has cut some hours. It makes it better for the girls that they do not have to get up so early for the time being. And it is good for this ole' woman as well.

My grandson was here this past weekend and is he ever a corker. Not this time but sometime back Martha was teasing him and he finally had enough and he looked at her and said Marta(that is what he calls her) you have been bad, you sit on the couch and be in time out. Of course, Martha just about rolled on the floor laughing. He looked at her again and said You get in time out. You never know what he is going to say and do. For awhile he was not coming over because his aunt had a baby and I think that he thought he was going to miss out on some extra attention being given to the baby. He is doing better now and is ready to get back in the swing of things.

Take care and remember to call or write a friend that you think a lot of either from your past or present.

1 comment:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey! I'm writing a friend - and I'm thankful to have you as my friend. Your little grandson is so cute - sounds like he has quite the personality...I'll never guess where he gets that! HA!
Have a great week!
p.s. I won't be at school Thursday, but I told Mrs. Pouzar that you might want some help. Just go down and let her know when you get there.